Mr. Hawaux is President, Consumer Foods for ConAgra Foods, Inc., headquartered in Omaha, NebraskaRead more
STRATHAM, NH, (November 4, 2010) - The Timberland Company (NYSE: TBL) is unveiling an innovative redesign of its timberland.com website. The new site offers an immersive brand experience, inviting consumers to explore the products, history and commitment to environmental stewardship that are all at the heart of the Timberland brand.
"With the new site, consumers around the world have the opportunity to engage with Timberland like never before," said Jim Davey, VP of Global Marketing. "Whether it's browsing and shopping our newest products, understanding our values platform, or sending in their own stories, visitors now have a one-stop shop to connect with the Timberland® brand."
Timberland's new global web experience includes state-of-the-art interactive elements, stunning graphics, and rich content in three main areas:
- Six separate microsites, in six languages, allow consumers to find product information, view ads and videos or post their own Timberland stories.
- A collection of videos pulled from the company's archives explores milestone events like the invention of the yellow boot and other elements of Timberland's rich New England heritage.
- On "The Bootmakers Blog," third-generation CEO Jeff Swartz lends his voice and frank opinions on sometimes-controversial business and environmental topics.
- The new timberland.com includes a dedicated "tree planting" section where visitors can learn about the company's longstanding commitment to reforestation, including Timberland's pledge to plant five million trees in five years in Haiti and China.
- Eco-conscious consumers can make the most of their purchasing power by learning about Timberland's Green Index® rating system, which measures the specific impact (on a zero-to-ten scale) the company's products have on the environment.
- A believer in transparency and accountability, Timberland offers data-rich reports, podcasts and updates about its corporate responsibility initiatives and progress, and invites site visitors to join in the dialogue about the CSR challenges faced by global brands.
- User-friendly graphics and features make it easy to shop on timberland.com. For consumers with busy lifestyles and diverse needs, product suggestions are organized by activity (your morning commute, a mountain trail, the weekend). High-resolution product imagery with alternate views and zoom capabilities, improved navigation, and reviews from other shoppers give consumers all the information they need to gear up for the next outdoor adventure.
- Consumers who want to get creative can design their own boots or shoes for a one-of-a-kind look. With seven classic boot styles and four boat shoe styles to choose from, there are a million different ways for people to express themselves.
"The new site provides consumers with an amazing shopping experience and a richer connection to the Timberland® brand," said Chris Hardisty, Director of Global Ecommerce.
Timberland (NYSE: TBL) is a global leader in the design, engineering and marketing of premium-quality footwear, apparel and accessories for consumers who value the outdoors and their time in it. Timberland markets products under the Timberland®, Timberland PRO®, SmartWool®, Timberland Boot Company®, Mountain Athletics®, howies® and IPATH® brands, all of which offer quality workmanship and detailing and are built to withstand the elements of nature. The company's products can be found in leading department and specialty stores as well as Timberland® retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America, South Africa and the Middle East. Timberland's dedication to making quality products is matched by the company's commitment to "doing well and doing good" -- forging powerful partnerships among employees, consumers and service partners to transform the communities in which they live and work. To learn more about Timberland, please visit www.timberland.com.